Science (How Things Work)Back
Through the teaching of science at Parkwood Hall, we aim to facilitate our students to make sense of and interpret their environment. We encourage students to develop their understanding of our world, and develop skills associated with science as a process of enquiry.
Aims of our Science (How Things Work) Curriculum
- Develop pupils’ self-confidence, enjoyment, and interest in science through practical activities, exploration and discussion which reflects the importance of science.
- Develop pupils’ understanding of key scientific concepts and scientific skills in a way that is meaningful and relevant to the needs of individual students at Parkwood Hall Co-operative Academy.
- Provide an environment and teaching methods which allow students to develop their scientific skills, regardless of their ability.
- Provide opportunities to apply science concepts to real life concepts.
- Develop problem solving and the natural curiosity of our learners.
- Encourage respect for living organisms and the physical environment;
- Teach science using a variety of approaches, visual stimuli and resources that meet our students’ individual needs.
- To ensure, where appropriate, students achieve relevant accreditation through external awarding bodies such as AQA unit awards.